In 1915 (Taisho 4), the first generation Taniguchi Iwamatsu developed a quarry for Hanasaka pottery stone. As a raw material for Kutani ware, we shipped it inside and outside the prefecture, boosting it to an industry in the town that would replace conventional agriculture. Established in 1951 as the "Taniguchi Soil Factory". Since then, we have continued to manufacture Kutani porcelain clay made mainly from Hanasaka pottery stone. In recent years, the Kutani ware brand “HANASAKA” has started, making the most of the characteristics of the soil and the skill of craftsmen. We are proposing a new style of Kutani ware.
- 124 Wakasugichowa, Komatsu 923-0832
- Sunday, Saturday (Saturday depends on company calendar)
- Gallery and
- Web Site
- Parking lot
- Yes (for several ordinary cars)
- English correspondence
- Not compatible
- Not compatible
A tour of the manufacturing process from Hanasaka Ceramic stone to Kutani pottery clay
You can see the manufacturing process from Hanasaka Ceramic stone, which has never been published before, to the making of Kutani-yaki porcelain soil, with commentary. You can learn how to make clay, which is the basis of Kutani ware.
- 1,000 yen (planned)
- Minimum 5 to maximum 10
- About 30 minutes
- When you walk in the factory, your shoes will become white and your clothes will become white when you touch the clay.
- Application period Up to 7 days prior to the event
Cancellation deadline Up to 7 days prior to the event
* Cancellation fee will be charged 6 days before the event.
- About 10 minutes by car from Komatsu Station on the Hokuriku Main Line
- About 17 minutes by car from Komatsu Airport